FLASH FICTION:-- HORROR, SCI-FI, HUMOUR, CRIME, SLICE OF LIFE, ETC.

Friday 18 October 2013

Fading away


Hi, and thank you for visiting The Twisted Quill.

Last week I read a chilling #fridayflash horror story entitled “THE BENCH” penned by the writer Connie Cockrell, who blogs at “Conniesrandomthoughts”

Connie's story was written in response to a photo-prompt by a photographer friend of hers, Seth Johnson, you can find more of Seth's excellent works on his website here at :- Sethsnaps.

Many thanks to Seth Johnson at Sethsnaps for use of his picture.

This is what came into my own mind as I looked at the photograph:-


FADING AWAY.

I took the photograph many years ago… so very many years ago, I don’t recall just how many.
The colours were vibrant then, like her, full of life, beautiful.
As was the building.
I look at the picture every day… every single day.
Over the years the colours have faded, dulled, greyed, just like her.
Until the colours were no more, as was she.
And I miss her so much.


©2013 Stephen. J. Green.

10 comments:

  1. Awwww... so sad. And poetic. Like the photo. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. These words actually came to me as I was posting my comment on Connie's story.

      Delete
  2. Yes, very sad, but beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, thank you so much for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  3. indeed sad, but great! Have to check out the blog you linked to this post. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claudia. I really liked Connie's horror story "The bench"

      Delete
  4. I actually said "awwww..." out loud at the end of this. It was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really sad but beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Icy, it makes a nice change for me to be posting something like this, a bit different from many of my posts.

      Delete